Clinics and Services
- Antenatal clinic – Tuesday 13:30 – 16:15 run by the midwives.
- Child health and immunisation – Tuesday 13:00 -15:30. All new babies are invited for regular check-ups from eight weeks old. Please remember to bring your child’s personal health record book for your appointments at the Surgery.
- Diabetes – led by a GP and Nurse Practitioner, this clinic offers advice and annual health check-ups.
- Asthma – one of our practice nurses sees patients to help in asthma care. Please make an appointment for your annual check-up. If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an annual review of your asthma symptoms please use this form.
- Family planning – A full family planning service is available including coil fitting, removal and advice. We also have clinicians trained to insert Nexplanon contraceptive implants. Please make an appointment with the practice nurse. If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a contraceptive pill review please use this form.
- Emergency Contraception – The morning after pill is effective up to 72 hours after unprotected sex, but it is best taken as soon as possible; so please ask the Receptionist for an emergency appointment. A GP or Nurse Practitioner will be able to see you for this. You can also purchase the morning after pill from a Pharmacist without arranging an appointment.
GP Care advisor
Our care advisor Tracey Hogg can assist you with a range of information and advice on subjects including:
- Benefits, and the completion of claims forms
- Equipment assessment of your home to include items such as handrails etc.
- Occupational therapy assessments for home aids.
- Contact with the appropriate Statutory Care Services.
- Contact with the appropriate voluntary services.
- Identify whether you are entitled to any form of grant.
To book an appointment please visit our Consulting Room
The practice nurses are available for appointments every weekday morning and afternoon at Brightlingsea.
They can advise on:
- General Health Promotion
- Sexual Health Care
- Family planning
They can perform:
- Dressings of wounds and leg ulcers
- Cervical Smears
- Ear syringing
- Suture or clip removal following surgery
Should you suffer a minor injury such as a laceration, superficial burn or foreign body in the eye the practice nurse will be able to treat you. It may be the case that you are sent to the nearest minor injuries department if an x-ray or further investigation is required.
If you suspect a fracture please visit the nearest minor injuries unit in the first instance.
Please view more information on your nearest Minor Injury Unit, you do not need an appointment for these clinics.